Monday, September 20, 2010

Broken Zippers

So of course, on the day I am admiring how long my pair of pants has lasted, the zipper breaks. The internal dialog went something like this:
Wow I've had these pants forever.
Since I started working at Premier.
They're my Premier pants.
I remember when they used to not fit, ah and then I gained weight.
Oh well, they're comfy pants.
I love these pants.

I went through my regular teacher day. Got home. Zipper breaks. What?! So much for admiring you pants, sheesh.
Solution: chocolate creme puff AND a pumpkin Resses peanut butter cup. :D
If you decide you need to buy curtains,
never buy an odd number. Especially if your curtain rod has a center attachment point...
(note to self: buy one more curtain for the living room)

Also, never assume that anyone remembers the rules about anything.
Things that you think are important, don't mean crap to other people (hello, America)

Apparently our school is going to take part in a reading program with McDonalds.. (right, I know)
I'm not sure how I feel about it.. One of the things I have noticed about my place of employment.. there is A LOT of extrinsic motivation.. which is weird for me.. because I am not an extrinsically motivated person.. 

Today was Toon Monday.. I think 5 kiddos in my class dressed up, and I wore my bright yellow Sponge Bob shirt.. yep.

I actually wrote lesson plans for 2 days, which is not a lot, but seemed like a huge accomplishment. Now to plan for the rest of the week and grade the mound of papers I have.. Weeeeeeeee

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it crazy? Create your own reality in full effect, kind of in a bad 'my name is Earl' way though. I hope you got your zipper fixed. :D

    ReplyDelete